A Thoughtfully Designed Environment
Our thoughtfully designed spaces reflect an understanding of the specific needs of individuals with memory loss. We have incorporated features that provide comfort, stimulate recognition, and ensure safety. Secure courtyards and walking areas, personalized living spaces, and a layout that encourages community interaction and promotes a sense of familiarity and independence.
Roxbury Cottages offers a therapeutic and secure setting, managed by our highly trained and experienced staff.
- An atmosphere focused on respect, dignity, and companionship
- An innovative and family-oriented design with independence, safety, self-esteem, and aesthetics in mind
- Private rooms with private baths
- Secured Outdoor Areas
- Three delicious meals a day and snacks
Personalized Care Plans
Every resident is unique, and so are their care needs. We work closely with families to create personalized care plans that address each resident’s health, cognitive function, and personal preferences. We continually reassess these plans, adapting them as necessary to provide the most beneficial and appropriate care.
We understand and focus on an individual’s capabilities, not what they have lost, to keep moving forward and making the most of every moment.
- Enhance quality of life
- Feel safe in a secure environment
- Provide a higher sense of dignity
- Discover creative expressions
- Lessen anxiety
- Rekindle social skills
- Develop new interests
- Increase their attention span and focus
- Have a higher sense of usefulness
- Enhance the ability to remain alert
We are proud to be among the first in Ohio to offer staff-certified, Montessori-based dementia care known for its devotion to socializing and creating meaningful activities for our residents. Our skilled specialists work in unison with residents, their family members, and physicians to customize and develop the best care plans.
Memory Care Enriching Activities
Understanding that engagement and stimulation play a vital role in memory care, we offer a variety of activities tailored to individual abilities and interests. From music and art therapy to creative expression discovery, life history exercises and physical fitness, our programs are designed to enhance cognitive functions, promote socialization, and spark joy in everyday moments.
We believe in the power of connection. That’s why we encourage and facilitate regular visits and meaningful interaction between residents and their loved ones. Through family events, educational workshops, and open communication, we ensure you are always informed, involved, and reassured.
Memory Care Services
- 24/7 staffing including a nurse
- Dementia-trained, certified, and vetted professionals
- Personal attention supported by strong staffing ratios
- Assistance with activities of daily living up to total support including personal care like dressing, bathing, and toileting
- Memory cues and cues for eating, meal-time strategies
- Medication set-up, management, and administration
- Incontinence care
- Disease education and management
- Dietician-planned menus, personalized meal plans, and three meals a day
- Nutritional support to compensate for changing eating habits
- Home health care services when appropriate
- Physical therapy to support muscle memory, balance, strength, and mobility
- Occupational therapy to support cognition, activities of daily living, and dignity
- Speech therapy to support cognition and communication