30 Communities Nearby
Find an independent living community that offers a carefree lifestyle for active seniors
Income Based Apartments
Find a senior apartment that will fit your budget and give you the lifestyle you want
Find safe, comfortable communities that offer assistance with everyday senior activities
Adult Day Services
Enjoy peace of mind as your loved one has meaningful connections with daytime care and programming
With personal assistance and home-making services you can live at home safer and with more time to enjoy
Home Health Care
Keep control of your health by having a community nurse bring services to your home
Please provide items in the following categories that will live in the Moment-Tote and used during activities for better living.
Things I like to look at or Things that bring me calm and joy to watch.
(Visual Stimulation)-Vision is one of the most important senses which helps us gain an excessive amount of information. Tragically, Alzheimer’s and different dementias can significantly affect the visual processing system.
• Bright light therapy
• Favorite Movies
• Videos (i.e. soothing nature, travel, or favorite animals)
Soothing & Familiar Scents that I will remember and enjoy.
(Olfactory Stimulation)-Some of our grounded memories, our most strong affiliations, are activated by smell. A scent you connect with an occasion or a moment from the past that will transport one to that time.
• Essential oils as part of aromatherapy (peppermint, lavender, rosemary)
• Sachets of cinnamon, cloves, thyme, basil and others
• Herb garden
Comforting & Familiar Sounds that I like to hear and absorb.
(Auditory Stimulation)-Useful for mood enhancement, cognition, motivation and relaxation.
• Music (relaxing, favorite songs)
• Musical instruments or wind chimes
• Natural sounds like a waterfall or gentle rainfall
• Talking Tile—familiar voice, gentle reminder from family member
• Poems, proverbs, limericks, tongue twisters, and rhymed nursery rhymes
Things I like to touch & feel, fidget with, to keep my hands busy and bring me peace.
(Tactile Stimulation)-Awareness of texture and touch provide tactile stimulation that improves the well-being of Dementia patients.
• Hand massage & nail care
• Beauty products for a spa day
• Soft fabrics like fur, felt, or sequins to stroke or things to squeeze
• A virtual beach: Sand & shells/stones
• Realistic stuffed animals to pet and hold
• Seed packets for reminiscing or planting
Hobbies give us a sense of purpose, keep our hands and minds engaged, and bring sense of belonging to something bigger.
• Souvenirs from travels
Connection with family and friends are shared.
• Photos of family and friends (with or without resident)
• Hand written cards
• Family heirlooms
A career can consume much of our lives and with time comes memories, achievements, friendships and experiences.
• Awards and Certificates of achievements
• Photos in professional settings
• Licenses and admired documents
Where we come from and how we spend our free time can produce a throve of accomplishments and spiritual memories to cherish.
• Religious figurines and relics
• Country Flags
• Heritage items
• Favorite Sports memorabilia