National Church Residences provides housing and supportive services for seniors and vulnerable individuals, enabling them to live healthier and more satisfying lives. On Friday, August 17, 2018, with most events happening between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., National Church Residences will host its’ annual Atlanta Mission Day, a special day for residents, families, businesses and the community.
Atlanta Mission Day benefits residents of National Church Residences’ seven senior affordable housing communities and one permanent supportive housing community. Each community will champion fundraising efforts for their seniors’ property needs.
All eight National Church Residences properties in metro Atlanta will participate in Atlanta Mission Day:
- Baptist Gardens, 1901 Myrtle Drive, SW, Atlanta, GA 30311 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Baptist Towers, 1881 Myrtle Drive, SW, Atlanta, GA 30311 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Betmar Village, 345 Ashwood Avenue, SW, Atlanta, GA 30315 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Big Bethel Village, 500 Richard Allen Boulevard, SW, Atlanta, GA 30331 (10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Commons at Imperial Hotel, 355 Peachtree Center Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30308 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Lakewood Christian Manor, 2141 Springdale Road, SW, Atlanta, GA 30315 (9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Panola Gardens, 5710 Snapfinger Woods Drive, Lithonia, GA 30058 (1 p.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Trinity Towers, 2611 Springdale Road, SW, Atlanta, GA 30315 (9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
At 11 a.m. National Church Residences staff at Trinity Towers will host a special program featuring key elected officials and residents who have been true advocates for seniors, affordable housing, as well as health care.
Another way to donate to Atlanta Mission Day is online at the following link: http://mission-day-national-church-residences-2018.everydayhero.do/.
Although festivities at the properties will vary, invited guests will enjoy a variety of fun activities such as: vendors, games, dance contests, fish fry, pizza party, bake sales, music, giveaways, speeches by city, county, and state officials, and much more. The community partner for the event is JenCare.
For more information: Sojourner Marable Grimmett, Director of External Affairs, Atlanta Region for National Church Residences at (404) 783-3522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About National Church Residences National Church Residences serves more than 42,000 seniors through its array of housing and health care services. The not-for-profit organization is driven by a vision of advancing better living for all seniors, enabling them to remain home for life. With 310 communities in 25 states and Puerto Rico, it is the nation’s largest not-for-profit provider of affordable senior housing and the largest manager of service coordinators. It also offers residential senior communities, home and community-based services, and permanent supportive housing for the formerly homeless and disabled. For more information, visit www.nationalchurchresidences.org.