First things first! Update what’s already out there.
1. Update your Information.
Outdated information is incorrect information.
A. Update the Website
- Check all of your listed amenities and details. Is it all correct? Is anything missing?
- Call the phone number listed on the website. Does it call the right phone?
- Do your pictures need to be updated? Reference this Photo Tips and Checklist document to take some new images and upload the best ones to the below form.
ACTION ITEM: If anything is missing or needs updated, request it by submitting updates through this form.
B. Update Other Websites
- Google your property. Check to see if these things are correct:
- Property location address
- Phone number – Call this number to make sure it rings the office.
- Hours – These should be your office hours.
- Now click on the Google map and check to see where the pin-drop location is. Is it correct?
- Check RentalHousingDeals.com for your community. Do any updates need to be made? Call the phone number!
ACTION ITEM: If your property is not found or has incorrect information, submit this form. Note: Submitting this form will update additional external websites.
2. Create your Property Flyer.
What should your community snapshot flyer say about you? Create, update and order these flyers to distribute.
ACTION ITEM: Create or update this flyer and order all in one step through Illustratus!
3. Make your Community Pop!
Don’t assume anyone knows that you have openings. Make it known with signs and banners.
- Every community has its selling points. What are yours? Maybe your community is very pet-friendly or all utilities are included. Get some yard signs that state these simple amenities and put them alongside the busiest street or sidewalk. (cost range $29+)
ACTION ITEM: Update and order a yard sign through Illustratus!
- If you have more than a few openings, think about investing in a banner. Order a “Now Leasing” banner to help potential new residents know that they might have a good chance of being able to move into your community. (cost range $75+)
ACTION ITEM: Order a banner through Illustratus!
- Set up a model apartment! This can be as little as $30 or up to whatever budget amount you have. Check out the resource guides How to Set Up a Model Apartment and Mini Models and Target Apartments for some inspiration and a to-do list to make sure your model is always ready! (cost range $30-$300)