Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
At Legacy Village, we’re always looking for great ways to add to our seniors’ fulfillment and fun, so we decided to put together a list of spring activities in the Dayton and Xenia, Ohio area.
Whether you’re looking for concerts, food fairs, shows, or holiday events, our comprehensive spring activities list has you covered!
- Feast of the Flowering Moon – A celebration of Native American culture, music, and dance, this is a great event to attend to learn about some regional history.
- Dayton Heritage Day – Take in the pleasant sounds of the Dayton Philharmonic at this charming festival held at the end of May.
- Patriot Freedom Festival – Featuring historical military reenactments, guided tours, live music and more, this event sounds like a perfect weekend!
- Troy, Ohio Strawberry Festival – With plenty of events and lots of tasty treats, this is one late spring festival worth seeking out.
- Banana Split Festival – Cool off with the delicious ice cream dishes at this popular festival held in early June.
- Lebanon Country Music Festival – Come to this festival to hear some fun, lively country music and take in the small-town flavor.
- Yellow Springs Street Fair – With arts and crafts, food trucks, live music, a beer garden, and more, you won’t want to miss this street fair!
Arts and Entertainment
- Dayton Legal Show – Real legal cases are brought to life with unexpected results thanks to the Black Box Improv Theater troupe!
- Toddler Art Adventure – A perfect bonding activity, this program lets children and their parents or guardians take classes together to help them explore their creativity.
- Kings Island – Another great family activity is heading out to Kings Island amusement park. While they have loads of thrilling rides, if you’re not up for them it’s ok, because with games, live shows, great food and more, there’s plenty to do!
- Kinky Boots – See the show that took Broadway and the Tony’s by storm, featuring lively song and dance numbers.
- Mozart’s Requiem by the Dayton Philharmonic – Hear the work of one of music’s greatest masters, performed by seasoned musicians.
- Circus 1903 – Celebrating the golden age of the American circus, this show is like stepping back in time!
- Dayton Air Show – Dayton’s known for its aviation history and this thrilling weekend activity honors that legacy.
- Xenia Area Community Theater – This theater company puts on a wide assortment of live performances to the delight of the community.
- Xenia First Fridays – The first Friday of every month brings loads of fun to Xenia. Consult their website for a month-by-month listing.
Sports, Food, and Drink
- WGC Golf Couse – Get in a quick nine right in Xenia at this beautiful course!
- Berryhill Farm – The perfect spring and summer activity! Stop by for some delicious blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Caesar Creek Vineyards – Pop a cork and enjoy a delightful wine at this charming vineyard.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this list of Dayton and Xenia spring activities and that you find plenty of events you’ll love.
For more insights about the area, as well as info about senior living, make sure to follow the Legacy Village blog!