Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
Senior living in Dayton, Ohio offers a wealth of fun and exciting activities for getting the most out of your golden years.
From the arts to history to nature to local shopping, Dayton provides plenty of opportunities for the active senior. And with the city only twenty minutes from Legacy Village’s premier senior living facility, there’s every reason to make Dayton a regular destination.
With that in mind, here are some of the city’s hotspots to seek out so you can be sure to get the most from your Dayton senior living.
1. The Dayton Art Institute – Lovers of the arts won’t want to miss a chance to attend this venue, which houses an impressive collection including American, African, Asian, European, Oceanic, Ancient and Pre-Columbian pieces. Regular special events and youth and family programs are also a part of the institute’s repertoire.
2. Cox Arboretum – Another great Dayton senior living activity, visiting the Cox Arboretum is the perfect way to relax and take in nature’s wonder. With 189 acres showcasing thousands of local flora species, along with a butterfly house, this is a lovely place for family picnics and peaceful walks.
3. The Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center – Home to the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, the Dayton Ballet, and the Dayton Opera, and providing an elegant space for local and special events, this is a venue worth paying attention to. Theatregoers will also love that the center has a convenient, on-site restaurant, Citilites.
4. National Museum of the U.S. Air Force – Located at famed Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, this museum provides visitors with a thorough history of American aviation, along with enlightening and exciting interactive exhibits. Open daily from 9-5.
5. PNC 2nd Street Market – This local farmer’s market is a necessity for fully appreciating Dayton, Ohio independent living. Featuring vendors offering fruits, vegetables, wines, chocolates, breads, pastries and more, this is a terrific place for grocery shopping or just grabbing a bite to eat.
6. Boonshoft Museum of Discovery – This great spot to take the grandkids has numerous activities the whole family will enjoy, from the space theater to the discovery zoo to the robotics exhibit. Take a trip and experience the amazing world of science!
7. The Wright Brothers' Bicycle Shop – Get a comprehensive view of the early days of aviation with this museum, dedicated to the Wright brothers’ achievements. Many fascinating artifacts are available to see on-site.
8. The Historic Victoria Theatre – With major Broadway shows, popular comedians, talented musicians and educational opportunities all available at the venue, this historic theatre is dedicated to keeping its Dayton legacy alive. Consider getting season tickets because there’s so much worth attending!
9. The Dayton Playhouse – Another great place for a theatrical experience, the Playhouse provides performances of Broadway classics along with contemporary favorites, and it hosts numerous special holiday events each year.
10. National Aviation Hall of Fame – Due to Dayton’s, and Ohio’s, significant place in the history of aviation and space travel, it’s no surprise that Dayton would have centers dedicated to that history. This venue and museum presents a special learning center dedicated to our high-flying pioneers.
These are, of course, just some of the great activities and locations you’ll enjoy as part of your independent living in Dayton. To learn more about all there is to do in the area, along with everything Legacy Village provides for seniors in its own community, be sure to contact us today.
We’d love to hear from you!