Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
If you’re looking for great activities for independent living in Xenia, Ohio and the surrounding area, you’re in luck. Legacy Village’s center for senior living puts you within close distance to a wide variety of terrific events and locations.
So to help you get the most out of your Xenia independent living, we’ve put together ten of the most fun and enriching attractions in the region:
1. Xenia Area Community Theater – This local venue hosts great family entertainment by way of classic and contemporary shows, along with specialty events and educational outreach programs for area children.
2. WGC Golf Course – If you want to stay active in your later life, there’s no better activity than golf to keep you healthy. This 18-hole course provides a driving range, “family tees” for younger players, weekly leagues and special events.
3. Greene County Greene Ways – A wonderful collective of biking, hiking and nature trails, the Greene Ways trails wind through downtown Xenia and also include some nice areas for pit stops.
4. Berryhill Farm – A great spot to head to during the warmer months, this farm allows visitors to handpick blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and other varieties. Homemade jams are also available on site.
5. Southern Ohio Indoor Music Festival – Music lovers will want to check out this festival hosted annually in March. With bluegrass, gospel and roots country stylings on display, there’s plenty to enjoy!
In addition to Xenia, Ohio independent living activities, there are of course a wide variety of enriching activities to enjoy in Cincinnati, which is only an hour away.
Some of the great possibilities available in Cincinnati include:
6. Cincinnati Contemporary Arts Center – This institution, more than 70 years old, features art exhibits, theatrical performances, film showings, special events, and family and educational programs. It’s a great venue to regularly visit.
7. Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal – This large complex houses individual areas dedicated to history, science, natural history and children’s activities, along with an Omnimax theater and a full slate of special events.
8. Krohn Conservatory – With more than 3,500 plant species representing all areas of the world, and many seasonal and special events available to the public, the Krohn Conservatory is a beautiful location for children and adults with very reasonable pricing.
9. Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden – Regularly recognized as a leading zoo of the United States, the Cincinnati Zoo has more than a century of experience presenting fascinating animals to the public. Along with the vivacious botanical garden, the site also hosts holiday, art and social events throughout the year.
10. Cincinnati Music Hall – Featuring theatrical performances, symphony orchestras, operas, dance performances and the Cincinnati Boychoir, this is a location any art lover will want to familiarize themselves with.
These are just some of the terrific events and activities available to those taking part in Xenia independent living. To find more to do in the area, keep following Legacy Village’s blog and watch for future updates, or contact us directly to speak to one of our senior living representatives.
We’re dedicated to making your independent living in Xenia, Ohio as full and enriching as possible!