Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
Legacy Village in Xenia offers premium senior living near Kettering, as our community is just 30 minutes away. Seniors looking to stay active and enjoy their golden years should consult this list of the best places to visit and things to do in Kettering as a resident of Legacy Village.
- Carillon Historical Park - Open year-round, the Carillon Historical Park museum is the perfect destination to explore the remarkable history of the Kettering area. This museum complex showcases Dayton’s various industrial, transportation, and engineering innovations in eye-opening exhibits. Admission varies from $5 to $8 and parking is free.
- Fraze Pavilion - Fraze Pavilion hosts a number of concerts and events throughout the year. From seeing your favorite bands to attending free festivals, Fraze Pavilion is the perfect option for those looking for a fun day or night out. Visit their website for a complete list of upcoming events and shows.
- Indian Trails Mini Golf - If you are looking to bring out your inner kid, or just show off your golf skills, Indian Trails mini golf course is just for you. Open every day of the week, admission is only $7 per adult and discounts are frequently offered.
- Hills & Dales Metropark - Another fun thing to do in Kettering is visiting this charming park. Strolling along the boardwalk, fishing in the pond, and checking out historical monuments are only a few things you can do when you visit Hills & Dales Metropark. Group tours are also available for larger groups who want a guide to show them around the grounds.
- Delco Park - Delco Park is the perfect destination for a quaint outdoor picnic, and the park has covered shelters ideal for family get-togethers and company outings. And if you enjoy fishing, Delco Park has ponds just for that as well.
- Sugarcreek Park - Located on almost 620 acres of farmland, Sugarcreek Park offers a variety of activities for visitors. Go horseback riding along the trails, head out for a hike, or enjoy a nice picnic in the sun. Like Hills & Dales park, Sugarcreek also offers tours for larger groups as well.
- Hawthorn Hill - Designed by the Wright brothers, Hawthorn Hill is a historic venue for parties and gatherings. Located at Oakwood hilltop, Hawthorn Hills is a National Historic Landmark just minutes away from Kettering. Visit their website for more information about how best to plan your outing.
- Butler County Fair - The Butler County Fair is an annual event in nearby Hamilton, Ohio that takes place for six days during July. Grab a bite to eat or take in the fun carnival-like atmosphere. As their site proclaims, the Butler County Fair has been a family tradition ever since 1851.
- The Dayton Art Institute - Channel your inner artist by visiting The Dayton Art Institute. Tour the grounds, explore world class art exhibits, and even grab a bite to eat at Leo Bistro. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday and admission costs less than $10. Group tours are also available.
- Fairborn Farmers Market - Pick up some fresh produce, baked goods, and much more at Fairborn Farmers Market. Open April through November every Wednesday from 10 to 1, you never know what delicious item you’ll discover.
Become a Part of Legacy Village’s Community
Are you looking to join a fun and active community for senior living near Kettering? Legacy Village offers premium senior care just a short 30 minutes away from Kettering in Xenia, Ohio.