Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
When choosing a senior living community, there are a lot of factors to take into consideration, but one of the most vital aspects to consider is whether the community you’re interested in is a continuing care facility.
Continuing care facilities are designed to see to the needs of seniors and adapt care based upon changing health circumstances.
Continuing Care at Mill Run
But one of the most essential services we provide is our secure memory care, designed to assist our senior residents who are living with cognitive and neurological disorders.
What is Memory Care?
Memory care is a specialized branch of assisted living focusing on the needs of seniors who are coping with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological disorders.
At an assisted living community like National Church Residences Mill Run, great care is taken to ensure residents who face these cognitive issues receive the security, attention and comfort they deserve.
We strive to provide the best Alzheimer’s disease and dementia care in Columbus and that shows through our full spectrum of health services:
- 24-hour nursing oversight – No matter what medical needs you or your loved ones require, our nursing staff is available at all times to offer compassionate care
- Safety awareness training – At Mill Run we want seniors to remain happy and healthy, so we ensure our residents have the insights needed to stay that way
- Language therapy and vocal treatments – Neurological issues can bring about problems with speaking, so to counteract those effects Mill Run provides our residents efficient ways to maintain and improve their abilities
- Therapeutic exercise programs – These programs, personalized to individual patient needs, are designed to keep seniors fit and healthy so that they can lead a more enriched life
- Oral motor exercises and dysphagia treatments – To maintain and increase speech capabilities along with promoting healthy eating, these procedures can be essential for some residents and are utilized on an as-needed basis
- Cognitive skill therapies and treatments – Since retaining cognitive capabilities in old age is so vital, Mill Run provides a wealth of therapies to boost seniors’ abilities
- Daily living assistance – Since some seniors are in need of regular assistance with daily tasks, Mill Run’s staff is fully prepared to help with dressing, bathing, eating and toilet necessities
As you can see, by choosing Mill Run for your Columbus memory care, you’ll receive the kind of compassionate, personalized care you would expect from a premier assisted living community.
Our Tranquility Garden Provides One-of-a-Kind Memory Care in Columbus, Ohio
Another way we provide the best memory care in Columbus, Ohio is through our unique Tranquility Garden, a safe, secure space tailored to the needs of seniors with cognitive conditions.
One of the hardest aspects those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other neurological issues face is the loss of simple pleasures. Because health and safety are of the utmost importance for these individuals, most of their days are spent being closely monitored by nursing staff which can affect the sense of independence they once enjoyed.
With this in mind, National Church Residences Mill Run was inspired to create our Tranquility Garden so that seniors could engage in pleasing activities and return to some previous levels of ability.
Features of our Tranquility Garden include:
- Walking paths, gazeebos, benches, dining areas
- Soothing atmosphere with plenty of trees, flowers and ponds
- Relaxing music
- Charming art installations
- Planting garden
- Familiar visuals such as picket fences, vintage mailboxes, bicycles, clotheslines and a front porch
- Secure, safe perimeter
Additionally, our Tranquility Garden features four focal points designed to promote health and wellness: children, art, music and animals.
The garden’s development is planned to be completed in four phases, with the first phase well under way. And upon completion, the site will function as a sort of “community garden” with people being permitted to bring loved ones to enjoy the surroundings and the sense of peace they foster.
As you can see, Mill Run’s dedicated to improving and expanding the state of dementia care in Columbus, Ohio because we know how much it means to seniors.
The Many Benefits of Memory Care
As advances continue to be made in how to treat Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, and how to care for those living with the conditions, the benefits of certain forms of therapy become more and more clear.
For instance, with Mill Run’s Tranquility Garden seniors are able to spend long stretches outdoors in the fresh air and sunlight, something which has been shown to boost health and wellbeing.
According to verywell.com, the outdoors can help seniors with neurological issues in the following ways:
- Increasing memory and attention
- Increasing verbal expression
- Reducing stress, agitation and the effects of depression
- Improving socialization
- Increasing awareness
- Improving sense of independence
- Increasing bodily health in regards to overall fitness, and sleeping and eating habits
And since our Columbus memory care’s Tranquility Garden also incorporates soothing music into its surroundings, even more benefits are available.
As reported by the Huffington Post’s Healthy Living blog, music helps seniors with neurological conditions by:
- Stimulating the brain and assisting with memory recall
- Increasing blood flow and reducing fatigue while exercising
- Improving mood
- Assisting in communication
As you can see, there are so many ways seniors can benefit from these facets of memory care, not to mention the various therapies we outlined earlier in the post.
Reach Out to Our Columbus Memory Care Staff Today
Watching a loved one struggle with the effects of a neurological condition can be very difficult, but one way to greatly improve their health and wellbeing is by letting caring professionals see to their needs in a facility designed for memory care.
At National Church Residences Mill Run, we have the experience and resources available to ensure a richer, more fulfilling life.
Please contact us today to find out more about our Columbus, Ohio memory care services. We hope to hear from you soon!