Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
By choosing independent living in Columbus, Ohio, seniors are giving themselves a wealth of opportunities for exciting and enriching activities during their retirement years.
So for seniors looking to get the most out of independent living in central Ohio, First Community Village is glad to provide this handy list of Columbus blogs to keep bookmarked. So read on, find your passions, and start exploring today!
- Columbus Food Adventures – With the goal of making restaurant outings a fun and exciting prospect, this Columbus blog regularly features info about festivals and tours worth experiencing, along with perfect spots for catching a casual bite.
- CMH Gourmand – This one serves up where to find the best tasty treats in Columbus and regularly presents pieces on local food trucks and places that deliver.
- Harmonious Homestead – Featuring recipes for delicious dishes along with tips for Columbus outings, this is a site any senior should have saved.
- A Local Choice – Dedicated to providing its readers with information about locally grown and produced food within 100 miles of Columbus, this resource is terrific for the health-conscious and eco-conscious cook.
- Drink Up Columbus – With info on local bars, where to find the best craft beers, and festivals and events in the area, this Columbus, Ohio blog is perfect for anyone who likes relaxing with a pint.
- Columbus Culinary Connection – This food blog supplies posts with focuses on both recipes worth attempting as well as local restaurants you have to try. Ideal for the foodies out there!
- Another Food Critic – This site offers a wealth of restaurant and bar reviews for not just Columbus, but Dayton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Athens, Nashville, Pittsburgh and Chicago as well.
- AltEatsColumbus – Presenting restaurants a little more off the beaten path, and specializing in world cuisine, this blog is the perfect place to find your new favorite eatery.
- Breakfast With Nick – Looking to start your day off right? Make sure to visit this Columbus blog featuring the best places around the city that serve the most important meal of the day. The author also supplies occasional pieces about travel and the arts.
Arts & Culture
- Wex Arts Blog – This blog will keep you up to speed on all the happenings at the illustrious Wexner Center for the Arts, including film showings, music and theatrical performances, special events and more.
- Experience Columbus – Serving as a good overview for what the city offers, this site provides insights into dining opportunities, sporting events, musical and theatrical performances, and shopping hotspots any senior will love.
- Theater Talk – Overseen by The Columbus Dispatch, this blog informs its readers of everything that’s going on in the local theater scene, which, with central Ohio’s famed CAPA organization, can be quite a bit!
- Columbus Alive – This cultural blog covers local cuisine, concert opportunities, art shows and special events all throughout the city. A great resource for staying current on regional happenings.
- Columbus on the Cheap – Delivering on its name, this blog presents worthwhile events and venues to attend throughout the city for modest prices. A wonderful resource when looking for activities to do with the family!
- Yoga on High – A very informative blog for those looking to increase their flexibility and find new paths to relaxation, this site offers insights on meditation, yoga techniques, healthy eating and a lot more.
- Cbus Local Love – Covering a wide range of topics from music to food to local businesses, this site will give you a solid overview of all that Columbus has to offer.
- Men of the Scarlet and Gray – Sports fans will love this blog focused on news about Columbus’ own Ohio State Buckeyes. With commentary, draft predictions, scheduling info and so much more, this is your one-stop shop for Buckeye Nation news!
- Stretching a Buck – Run by a Columbus local, this site strives to provide worthwhile moneysaving tips ranging from where to find affordable products to information about discounts and coupons.
- The Ohio Nature Blog – Packed with gorgeous photographs of Ohio wildlife, this blog, run by a professional photographer, is a great resource for finding what animal species to look for in the state.
- COSI Newsroom – Created to give insights into goings-on at Columbus’s own Center of Science and Industry, this site is ideal for finding fun and educational activities to enjoy with the family.
- Columbus Museum of Art Blog – Providing information about installations, new exhibits and special events, this site is perfect for any art lover wanting to get the most out of their city.
- Haunted History of Columbus, Ohio – For those with an interest in the paranormal, this fun blog is a must-visit. Featuring information about hauntings and other phenomena in Columbus and the surrounding area, ghost-hunting hobbyists won’t want to miss out!
- Cbus Mom – A terrific site to visit when the grandkids are in town, this blog features information on activities for families to do in the city and the surrounding area.
Contact First Community Village Today
With all of these blogs giving you so many ideas for ideal independent living in Columbus, it’s clear you’ll never run out of things to do in and around the city!