Enjoy Retirement Comfort and LuxuryDiscover More About Our Premium Senior Living Options.
As you and your loved ones continue to age, there will come a time when you should begin your search for continuing care retirement communities. Keep on reading to learn some signs and factors you should take into consideration before beginning your search.
5 Signs You Should Start Looking for the Best Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Your Area for You or Your Loved One
1. Falls, Medical Set-Backs, and Ongoing Incidents
Have you recently experienced more falls in the past few months? Do you have a recent injury due to an incident in your home, or continue to get bruises from items around the house?
These are just a few important questions to ask yourself, and without the proper guidance that a continuing care community can offer, problems like these may only continue to get worse.
When you choose to move to one of the local luxury assisted living facilities, you’ll be able to move freely in your private space, without worry. And if a fall was to occur, skilled nurses are on hand 24/7 to ensure you’ll get the immediate help you need.
2. Loss in Energy
Have you noticed a change in your energy levels? Have you been experiencing depression? If so, moving into a luxury assisted living community can help reinvigorate you and get you on track to better mental health.
Not only can the best continuing care retirement communities supply you with the proper care you need, but they can help you return to a normal lifestyle, making way for your favorite hobbies, increased socialization, attendance at community events, and improved mental health.
Consider these questions:
- Have you begun leaving entrances open?
- Are you beginning to forget to take your medications?
- Do you ever leave appliances on accidentally?
- Have your loved ones found you trailing off without notice?
All of these are indications of early symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and should be taken into consideration when beginning the steps toward moving into a continuing care community.
4. Weight Loss/Lack of Proper Nutrition
If you’ve noticed that you’ve lost a bit of weight recently, this could be due to poor nutrition and moving to a luxury assisted living community is a great way to ensure you’ll be able to get the proper diet you need, all with the assistance of a dedicated staff.
Many of the best continuing care retirement communities have on-campus chefs who prepare great meals for you to enjoy and help you get back on track to a healthy weight.
5. Here Are Some Other Questions to Ask Yourself
The above questions are all worthwhile to ask yourself when considering moving into an assisted living facility, but here are a few others to take into account:
- Are you having trouble maintaining your home to the same levels you are accustomed to?
- Are you struggling to keep up with laundry chores?
- Do you have grab bars and emergency response systems installed in your home?
- Do you feel you are able to travel safely?
- Do you find yourself becoming bored? Have you been looking for new hobbies to take up?
- Have you found yourself struggling to recover from an injury or surgery?
- Has self-care become burdensome and do you feel you could use some assistance?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it would be a good idea to have a discussion with your loved ones about moving into one of the luxury assisted living facilities in your area, like Water’s Edge of Lake Wales.
About Water’s Edge of Lake Wales Continuing Care and Luxury Assisted Living Community
For reliable assistance with day-to-day activities, our skilled staff is here to help
With amazing features such as 24-hour emergency monitoring, on-site nurse and health aides, as well as dedicated transportation to doctors’ visits and more, Water’s Edge of Lake Wales is a great choice among luxury assisted living facilities in Florida.
What You or Your Loved One Will Receive as a Resident of Our Assisted Living Community
We offer a variety of amenities and service features for all of our continuing care community residents. Here are some of the things you can look forward to:
- 24-hour emergency monitoring
- Access to the outdoor heated pool
- Allocated parking
- Art studio
- Barber shop and beauty salon
- Billiards room
- Cable and internet
- Chef-prepared meals
- Computer room
- Health and nutrition meetings
- Health and wellness programs
- In-suite washers and dryers
- Medication monitoring and help
- Movie theatre
- On-campus library
- Private and semi-private apartments
- Resident garden
- Respite care
- Social events
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Updated kitchenettes
- Various activity groups and classes
At our assisted living and retirement community, there is always something fun going on to keep our residents social, active, and sharp, letting them maintain their independence!
Learn More About Water’s Edge of Lake Wales on Our Blog
Our blog is a great resource for residents and families who are looking for more information on who we are as a community. Check out some of our most recent posts:
- What Exactly Are 55+ Communities in Central Florida?
- The History of Lake Wales, Florida
- Researching Florida Retirement Communities? Here's What to Keep in Mind
- 4 Things That Separate Us from Other Retirement Communities in Central Florida
Come Take a Tour of Our Luxury Assisted Living Community in Lake Wales Today!
If you think that Water’s Edge of Lake Wales would be a good fit for you or your loved one, come take a tour of our campus to see all of our great campus features for yourself! Reach out today to schedule your visit. We look forward to seeing you!