Enjoy Retirement Comfort and LuxuryDiscover More About Our Premium Senior Living Options.
One of the key advantages to living in Florida is getting to enjoy the waterfront. And when you live in Lake Wales, you’ll be able to enjoy both sides of the coast. Keep on reading to learn about the great places in the area to put on your to-do list!
Beaches and Parks
You can find a variety of beaches and parks on the waterfront near Lake Wales that host great views and have plenty to do!
West of Lake Wales
- Gardenville Beach | Gibsonton, FL
- Picnic Island Beach Dog Park | Tampa, FL
- Bahama Beach | St. Petersburg, FL
- Saint Pete Beach, FL | St. Petersburg, FL
- Upham Beach Park | St. Petersburg, FL
- Gandy Beach | St. Petersburg, FL
- Cypress Point Park | Tampa, FL
- Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park | Tampa, FL
- Ballast Point Park | Tampa, FL
- Seaplane Basin | Tampa, FL
- Philippe Park | Safety Harbor, FL
- Mobbly Bayou Beach Park | Oldsmar, FL
- Sand Key Park | Clearwater, FL
- Weedon Island Preserve | Pinellas County, Florida
East of Lake Wales
- South Beach Park | Vero Beach, FL
- Jaycee Park | Vero Beach, FL
- Pelican Island National WildLife Refuge | Vero Beach, FL
- Indian River Aquatic Reserve | Vero Beach, FL
- Sebastian Inlet State Park | Melbourne Beach, FL
- Ft. Pierce Aquatic Preserve | Fort Pierce, FL
- Avalon State Park | Fort Pierce, FL
- Jack Island | Fort Pierce, FL
- Pepper Park Beachside | Fort Pierce, FL
- Fort Pierce Inlet State Park | Fort Pierce, FL
- Riverview Park | Sebastian, FL
Waterfront Restaurants and Bars
One of the best parts about the Florida waterfront is the restaurants and bars you’ll find there. Check out the large selection of places you can go to dine in Lake Wales, Tampa, and more!
Lake Wales and Winter Haven Area Dining
You don’t have to go far from your Water’s Edge of Lake Wales home to enjoy waterfront dining! Here are some spots nearby our retirement community.
Harry’s Old Place
3751 Cypress Gardens Rd. | Winter Haven, FL 33884
1006 S Lake Howard Dr. | Winter Haven, FL 33880
Old Man Frank’s
1005 Lake Howard Dr. SW | Winter Haven, FL 33880
2435 7th St. SW | Winter Haven, FL 33880
Fresco’s Waterfront Bistro
300 2nd Avenue NE | St Petersburg, FL 33701
Circle’s Waterfront at Lands End Marina
1212 Apollo Beach Blvd. | Apollo Beach, Florida 33572
Salt Rock Grille
19325 Gulf Blvd. | Indian Shores, FL 33785
Restaurants and Bars in Tampa
In just an hour’s time, you can enjoy a large variety of bars and restaurants right on the water! From seafood to Mexican to American, and more, there’s truly something for everyone!
SeaScapes Beach House
Building 682 | 99511 Marina Bay Dr. | Tampa, FL 33621
Hula Bay Club
5210 West Tyson Ave. | Tampa, FL 33611
Taste of Boston
5314 Interbay Blvd. | Tampa, FL 33611
Oyster Catchers Restaurant
2900 Bayport Dr. | Tampa, Florida 33607
The Rusty Pelican
2425 N Rocky Point Dr. | Tampa, FL 33607
Whiskey Joe’s Bar & Grill
7720 W Courtney Campbell Causeway | Tampa, FL 33607
The Westin Tampa Bay | 7627 Courtney Campbell Causeway | Tampa, FL 33607
Bahama Breeze Island Grille
3045 N Rocky Point Dr. | East Tampa, FL 33607
333 S. Franklin St. | Tampa, FL 33602
601 S Harbour Island Blvd. | Tampa, FL 33602
American Social Bar & Kitchen
601 S Harbour Island Blvd. | Suite #107 | Tampa, FL 33602
700 South Florida Ave. | Tampa, Florida 33602
700 Harbour Post Dr. | Tampa, FL 33602
Vero Beach and Surrounding Area Dining
Just a little over an hour east of Lake Wales is Vero Beach, which is a lovely beachfront town that has so much for guests to enjoy!
2855 Ocean Dr. | Vero Beach, Fl
1050 Sexton Plaza | Vero Beach, Florida 32963
Di Mare Vero Beach
1517 Ocean Dr. | Vero Beach, FL 32963
3500 Ocean Dr. | Vero Beach, Florida 32963
97 Royal Palm Pointe | Vero Beach, FL 32960
Other Attractions Near Lake Wales Located on the Water
If beaches and restaurants aren’t really your thing, there are still some other great attractions you can visit on the water!
And if you are looking for some other attractions a bit more inland, Orlando is just a short drive away and is filled with fun for you and the grandkids!
Why Choose Water’s Edge of Lake Wales?
Our retirement community can help fulfill all your retirement dreams in sunny Florida! Not only are we just a short distance from the ocean shores, but Lake Wales has numerous beautiful bodies of water that will make you feel like you are living in a tropical paradise.
Find Out What Other Fun Awaits Near Lake Wales
We love to update our blog with helpful posts for residents and everyone else in Lake Wales! Here are some articles that can give you lots to do this summer!
- The Top 15 Restaurants in Lake Wales, Florida
- 10 Ways to Beat the Florida Heat This Summer
- 22 Poolside Books to Add to Your Reading List
- 16 Great Activities for Seniors in Central Florida
Make Your Summer Great With Water’s Edge of Lake Wales!
Are you looking to make a change to your retirement lifestyle this summer? A fun life filled with adventure and activities awaits you at our retirement community in Lake Wales!
We would love to talk to you about the possibilities of moving to our campus, so reach out today!