Enjoy Retirement Comfort and LuxuryDiscover More About Our Premium Senior Living Options.
As a not-for-profit organization, we believe it is important to highlight other businesses in the Lake Wales area that strive to live by the same morals and give back to their community. With that in mind, we’ve created a list of 15 great nonprofits in and around Lake Wales that we think should be celebrated and recognized!
- Florida FFA Leadership Training Center – Offering everything from lodging to meeting rooms, this serene and natural learning environment is great for company events, youth organizations, or any other retreat!
- Green Horizon Land Trust – The Green Horizon is an important local organization that preserves Lake Wales’ original lands and their natural value, and protects the habitats of animals and plants, so local citizens can enjoy the wonders of nature!
- Circle of Friends Ministry – This is a wonderful organization that offers educational, cultural, and social events and activities for individuals with special needs.
- The Nature Conservatory – The Nature Conservatory’s mission and vision is to conserve the local area’s natural lands and waters. They envision a world where the “diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfill our needs and enrich our lives.”
- We Care Central Florida – By providing central Florida citizens who are uninsured or have low incomes with compassionate medical care, this organization is doing great things in Lake Wales and beyond.
- St. John’s United Methodist Church –This local church is dedicated to four key concepts for the community – gathering, going, growing, and giving. They also offer different youth and young adult activities as well as a preschool.
- Lake Wales Family YMCA – From community programs to childcare and more, the Lake Wales YMCA is a worthwhile local nonprofit that provides a wide variety of activities to people in the area.
- Lake Wales Care Center – “People helping people helping people” is the Lake Wales Care Center’s motto, and as a faith based community service organization, they believe in demonstrating God’s love by “building bridges between people in need and people with a desire to serve.”
- H.E.A.R.T. Village – H.E.A.R.T. stands for Hunger Education and Resource Training, and in 1994 they became a nonprofit corporation that offers a different kind of college experience!
- Lake Wales Main Street – This nonprofit is an awesome private partnership that does the job of making the downtown Lake Wales area a cool, historical destination for local businesses, shopping, and much more!
- Citrus Center Boys & Girls Club – Ensuring local youth has full opportunities for success, the Boys and Girls Club provides mentorship and support needed to thrive in today’s society!
- Habitat for Humanity East Polk – The Habitat for Humanity of East Polk County operates on moral Christian principles that pursues God’s love by putting it into action through building homes, communities, and more.
- Meals on Wheels Polk County – As a well-known national nonprofit organization, Meals on Wheels of Polk County utilizes their considerable resources to provide fresh, healthy meals to residents in the area who are in need.
- VFW Florida – The Florida Veterans of Foreign Wars has a long history of serving veterans, families with members in the military, and the local community.
- Lake Region Audubon Society – With a primary goal of supporting nature conservation in Florida, this organization sponsors nature-based programs and events in order to actively work on conservation projects.
About Water’s Edge of Lake Wales
Established in 2009, we are a not-for-profit senior care and retirement facility located in Lake Wales, FL that strives to provide a safe and enriched community for our residents.
Our skilled and dedicated nursing staff is trained on every level to be able to help our residents with whatever they need for their daily lives.
Whether it’s helping you with daily tasks such as getting dressed and remembering to take medication, or giving you additional care encompassed by our memory care program, our professional staff can and will do everything in their skillset to make sure that as a resident, your experience is comforting and reliable.
Contact Our Not-for-profit Senior Housing Community Today!
Interested in learning more about what we do as a not-for-profit senior living facility or curious about our services? Contact us today! We look forward to hearing from you.