Enjoy Retirement Comfort and LuxuryDiscover More About Our Premium Senior Living Options.
1. Give Your Space a Fresh Look
Everyone knows that spring cleaning can make a major difference for your living space and help you feel like you live somewhere totally new!
And after you’ve cleaned your apartment or villa, it’s not a bad idea to give your place a nice little makeover – maybe some new plants, candles, paintings, or rugs to help bring some new colors and aromas to welcome in the season.
Check out this great article from Better Homes & Gardens for some spring-inspired ideas for your home!
2. Take a Stroll in the Park, Go Fishing, or Have a Picnic
One of the best parts about spring is all the nature coming back to life. Why not go and see what has bloomed at your local parks, and just take in the nice fresh spring air?
Some local Lake Wales parks and nature attractions you could check out for fishing, walking, and picnicking include:
- Lake Wales Gazebo
- Bok Tower Gardens
- Village of Highland Park
- Crooked Lake Park
- Creek Bluffs Loop Trail, Tiger Creek Preserve
3. Buy Some Fresh Fruits and Goods at the Farmers Market
Have you checked out the Lakeland Farmers Market? Well if you haven’t already, you should head on over in the upcoming weeks.
There are tons of different vendors who attend the market, so you can find everything from fresh foods to jewelry to baked goods, and even art!
4. Re-Start Your Garden
As summer approaches, now is the time to get back to your garden and start planting flowers, veggies, and whatever else you love to grow.
Here are some tips on getting started from Martha Stewart:
- Order your tools and prep ahead of your gardening duties
- Do a soil test to determine the pH level of your soil
- Survey your outdoor space and prepare beds (or stand-alone pots)
- Don’t forget to clean your bird baths and bird feeders!
5. Attend Local Events
Now that it’s spring, it’s time to come out of hibernation and start getting back into the groove of being active and social! Lake Wales’ city website has a great calendar of things going on around town like car shows, yard sales, and food trucks.
And if festivals are more your thing, Eventbrite has a great list of possibilities too.
6. Get Involved with Local Easter Activities!
If you love the Easter holiday, then why not volunteer to help the little ones out at the local Easter egg hunt? All you need to do is visit VolunteerMatch to sign up.
And if you are looking for a different type of Easter Sunday service to attend, Bok Towers is offering a lovely sunrise service that even features a buffet!
Make the Most Out of Spring in Lake Wales with Ideas from Our Blog
Head over to our blog for more posts about things to do around town, ways to stay active, and much more!
- The Top 15 Restaurants in Lake Wales, Florida
- Improve Your Cardiovascular Wellness with These Heart-Healthy Tips
- 5 Tips for Boosting Your Overall Energy Levels in 2018
- 16 Great Activities for Seniors in Central Florida
About Water’s Edge of Lake Wales
Did you know we are the only full-service senior living community in the area? Our dedicated and skilled staff can help you live the retirement you want, whether it’s in your own villa or in one of our apartments.
Here are a few things that set us apart from other local senior living facilities:
- Meals made by our executive chef
- Heated pool
- Modern fitness center
- State-of-the-art amenities
- Movie room
Join Our Retirement Community in Lake Wales Today!
Think you’re ready to become a part of an exciting community that will help you make the most out of your retirement? Contact us today!