Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
Choosing senior living in Ohio means being able to enjoy all of the benefits the state has to offer, but living in Ohio also places you within 600 miles of 60% of the U.S. population. That means more trips, more great activities, and more visits from friends and relatives.
With the following great activities available to seniors near Waverly, the home of Bristol Village, you’ll soon see that living here is the right choice for your future and the perfect way to enjoy your golden years.
With Columbus just a little over an hour away, Bristol Village residents will certainly be able to get their fill of everything the state capital provides.
Now Ohio’s largest city, Columbus has become a center of culture and industry, with growth projected well into the future. Big things are happening in the capital and you’ll be able to reap the rewards.
Some places of interest include:
- The Historic Ohio Theatre – Built in 1928, this classic movie house has been completely renovated and restored and regularly hosts famous comedians, popular bands & singers, and major Broadway productions.
- The Ohio State University – Sports fans will love being able to attend Buckeye football and basketball games, along with enjoying everything OSU’s beautiful campus has to offer.
- Easton Town Center – This major shopping district features upscale dining and shops along with a host of annual community events.
- German Village Historic District – This lovely area hearkens back to a different time in Columbus’ history and features gorgeous architecture and charming local shops.
- Short North Arts District – One of the liveliest areas of the city, this district offers art galleries, delicious local cuisine, and plenty of exciting annual events and street fairs.
- The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium – Often named the best zoo in the United States, the Columbus Zoo boasts an impressive selection of exhibits the whole family will love.
- COSI (Center for Science and Industry) – This facility, with its interactive exhibits and slate of educational films, is a great place to take the grandkids.
- The Topiary Garden – A wonderful place to sit and relax, this park features hedge sculptures based on the famed works of painter George Seurat.
Roughly an hour and a half away from Bristol Village, Dayton provides additional enriching activities to help you get the most out of Ohio senior living.
For your next fun outing, consider:
- The Dayton Art Institute – Containing more than 20,000 pieces in its collection, this museum boasts the works of Monet, Lichtenstein and Hopper.
- Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra – With an impressive 80-year history, this group hosts more than thirty events each year.
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery– This children’s museum includes a zoo, aquarium, planetarium and science center.
- The Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center – Serving as the central hub for Dayton’s theatrical performances, this center hosts a slew of musical and dramatic events.
- Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway – Part of the Hollywood Casino chain, this venue offers games, horse racing, live shows and fine dining.
- Cox Arboretum – Open free of charge to the public, this beautiful park contains more than 500 varieties of trees and shrubs, along with a walking trail and children’s maze.
- National Museum of the U.S. Air Force – Located at famed Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, this state favorite is home to thousands of pieces of Air Force artifacts and regalia.
- The Wright Brother’s Bicycle Shop – Now home to an in-depth museum, this spot is a must-see for any history buff.
The Ohio River
Choosing senior living in Waverly, Ohio also means having access to the Ohio River and all of the great activities it makes possible. If you’re an outdoorsmen or hobbyist, you’ll love taking advantage of:
- Fishing – With a healthy supply of largemouth and smallmouth bass, stripers, walleye, channel, bluefish, flathead catfish and panfish, the Ohio River is a fishing haven.
- Canoeing and Kayaking – Since the river is normally slow-moving and placid, it’s a wonderful place to explore with your kayak or canoe.
- Riverboat Cruises – Canoes and kayaks aren’t the only boats out on the river, though. Many cities along the bank provide lovely, scenic cruises the whole family will love.
- Camping – Be sure to experience the Great Outdoors in one of the many state parks and private camping grounds found along the river.
It’s clear to see that choosing Waverly, Ohio for your senior living puts you in the heart of a lot of exciting possibilities!
To discover more great things to do in the area, keep following our blog and follow us on Twitter. And if you’re ready to take a tour, make sure to contact Bristol Village today. We’d love to hear from you!