Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
At Mill Run, we take pride in our comprehensive team approach to therapy. Provided to those that qualify by licensed physical, occupational and/or speech therapists, therapy occurs within the resident’s apartment. Therapy sessions normally are scheduled 2 to 3 days per week for 1 hour.
Our therapy professionals work with you to help regain muscle strength, endurance and flexibility. With oversight from your physician, our therapists are involved every step of the way, helping you regain strength and ability. They establish and provide:
- Individual therapeutic exercise programs
- Gait training with appropriate assistive device (walkers, canes, etc.)
- Balance, transfer, strengthening and endurance training
- Ultrasound and electrical stimulation
- Massage and thermal agents
- Safety awareness training
- Assessment of the living environment and recommendations of adaptations as needed
Our occupational therapists work with each resident to re-learn self-care and/or physically adjust to major life changes due to an accident or illness. They help residents re-learn simple daily tasks that are an important part of everyday living. Our therapists provide services to:
- Maintain or increase joint mobility, muscle strength and physical endurance
- Increase independence in activities of daily living and related self-care skills (including fabricating and monitoring of orthotic devices)
- Prescribe appropriate adaptive equipment to maintain or increase functional independence
- Increase mobility, improve strength and endurance
Our speech therapists work with you to regain speaking and hearing skills to help you communicate more effectively. The therapists provide a variety of patient-specific treatment programs for residents with speech/language, cognitive, linguistic and swallowing disorders. They provide:
- Oral motor exercises
- Vocal treatment
- Dysphagia treatment (swallowing and chewing)
- Language treatment
- Cognitive skills treatment
Please fill out the form and we'll be in touch with you shortly. If you need to reach us immediately, please call us at 614-771-0100.