Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
Are you or your loved one in need of planned or emergency care temporarily? Our skilled caregivers at Mill Run are ready to provide seniors in-need with everything necessary for a short-term stay in one of our furnished apartments.
Our Hilliard, Ohio Respite Care Services
When you partake in our respite care services, you’ll participate in a three- to five-day overnight stay or a 30-plus-day stay at our friendly community in Hilliard.
Receive the care you need on the schedule that works for you at Mill Run.
When Might Someone Need Respite Care?
There can be many reasons why seniors who are recovering from an illness or injury come to stay with us for a short period of time. Some of these reasons include:
- You require more care for recovery than your primary caregiver can provide
- Your primary caregiver is ill
- Your primary caregiver is unavailable or on vacation
- Your primary caregiver has a family emergency
- Your family member or primary caregiver is moving residences
How to Create a Respite Care Plan
If you are a caregiver who could use some additional help for a short period, planning a respite care plan with your senior and their family is a worthwhile option. Here are a few tips for making a custom plan, as stated by the AARP:
- Determine your needs and the needs of your senior – How long are you planning on taking time off? What kinds of services and help does your senior need?
- Contact the family – If you are not related to the senior you care for, be sure to talk to their family members about the senior’s planned stay and provide viable contact information.
- Express yourself – Be sure to explain the reason for your break and to be flexible to their desires. Don’t be afraid to encourage them to ask questions about the community and other details.
- Make it as simple as possible – Use collaborative calendar apps, provide itineraries, and offer anything else needed for friends and family members to ensure that they know everything has been carefully planned and is safe.
And as a caregiver, never feel guilty about inquiring about respite care! Everyone needs a break now and again, and being able to take some time off can help make you a better caregiver as it affords you some time to recharge.
About Mill Run
Located in the lovely town of Hilliard, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus, our campus of welcoming caregivers and friendly residents make our facility more than just a care center – it’s a home. We pride ourselves on being a close-knit community of seniors and staff that together can help you get the most out of your stay.
We provide a variety of services for seniors, such as:
Plan a Respite Care Stay at Mill Run Today
If you or a loved one is in need of a respite care stay, please fill out the form on the side of this page, or contact us here.
And if it is an emergency, please contact our Admission Department at 614-771-0100. They’ll help you with anything you need