Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
As we all know, aging brings about a change of circumstances. In some cases, those who have enjoyed living independently for decades now find themselves in need of outside assistance for daily tasks.
While First Community Village offers independent living for residents who require only minimal staff assistance, our facilities are also fully equipped to handle the necessities of those seeking assisted living in Ohio, along with other forms of aid.
Keep reading to learn about everything that goes into an assisted living facility, as well as how our Ohio assisted living services operate.
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is a form of elder care in which seniors are cared for by professional and accredited staff members on an as-needed basis to complete daily tasks.
Services that are included in assisted living can include:
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and hygiene needs
Exact services vary from resident to resident, as assisted living facilities will often personalize their approach to each senior.
This form of care is ideal both for those in need of extensive help as well as those who are semi-independent and simply need assistance with certain tasks.
Residents who experience First Community Village’s assisted living in Columbus, Ohio will benefit from:
- 24-hour care from state-tested nursing assistants, RNs and LPNs
- A wealth of activities and amenities
- Access to restaurant-style dining
- A variety of health and wellness services
These health services are vital to seniors since university studies have shown that seniors who engage in any amount of exercise tend to live longer and reduce their risk for disabilities.
First Community Village is certainly where all of your retirement needs will be met, but let us tell you some more about our terrific offerings.
First Community Village’s Continuum of Care
By entering our Ohio assisted living facility you’ll be joining First Community Village’s continuum of care, which operates to cater to the necessities of seniors at all levels of activity and mobility.
As a senior living facility, First Community Village allows seniors to “age in place,” giving them the care they require at each stage of their lives.
But our services don’t end at assisted living. Enhancements to our assisted living program include:
- Secured memory care for seniors who are managing the affects of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological conditions
- Hospice care for those facing a difficult and trying time
These programs feature many of the same services provided by our assisted living care professionals, but are tailored to the needs of each resident and the health issue(s) they are living with.
The Benefits of Choosing an Ohio Assisted Living Facility
Since our Ohio assisted living facility operates on an as-needed basis, many of our seniors still enjoy active, vibrant social lives outside of First Community Village. This is great news, since studies have shown that being social can reduce the effects of memory loss.
And Ohio is a wonderful place to call home with plenty to enjoy.
- With Columbus’ status as the 15th largest city in the nation - and with its continued growth - it’s clear there will be lots to appreciate for years to come.
- Additionally, Ohio maintains a relatively low overall cost of living, coming in at 36th in the country, meaning your retirement dollars will go even further. This turns into more trips, more fine dining experiences and more luxuries to enjoy in your golden years.
- By coming to First Community Village and Columbus, you’ll get to experience the convenience of living in the central hub of the Midwest. With Chicago, the east coast and many southern cities all a reasonable drive or short plane trip away, you’ll have a wealth of exciting vacation options.
But right in the Buckeye State there is plenty to keep you engaged as well, with not only Columbus attractions, but also those of Cincinnati, Cleveland and the numerous historical sites statewide.
- Ohio State University football and basketball games
- Cleveland Cavs, Indians and Browns games
- Cincinnati Reds and Bengals games
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- Amish country in Holmes County
- The Pro Football Hall of Fame
- The Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
- The Wilds, the largest wildlife conservation center in North America
- Cedar Point and Kings Island amusement parks
- The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force
- The Columbus Zoo
- The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Historic Serpent Mound
We’d Love to Hear From You!
With so much to do in the state, and with First Community Village seeing to all of your health needs, it’s clear we’re the right choice for assisted living in Columbus, Ohio.
To find out everything we can do for you, and to schedule a tour, contact First Community today!