Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
At First Community Village, we make our residents and their needs our top priority.
As a not-for-profit community, we strive to fulfill our mission of helping seniors live life to the fullest every day. In order to do that, it is important for us to cultivate positive friendships and promote a healthy and happy lifestyle for all of our residents.
Your New Life Begins in Our Senior Living Apartments
Living a full and vibrant life is the key to happiness, and often helps to promote good health. If you or a loved one are looking for retirement apartments which are modern and comfortable, then First Community Village is perfect for you.
Our senior citizen apartments at The Chelsea are located right in the heart of our active community at First Community Village, so you’ll have full access to engaging activities every day.
The Chelsea offers:
- Spacious residences
- Quality dining
- A variety of amenities
- Enriching social areas
We are excited for you to live the life you’ve always wanted and we hope you can picture yourself here with us.
Comfortable Living in Our Chelsea Apartments
In an effort to make our senior apartments feel like home, we provide you with numerous living options. Our apartments come in a variety of floor plans and layouts so you can find a home which best fits your needs.
Housing options includes:
- 1-bedroom, 1-bath
- 1-bedroom, 2-bath with den/dining room
- 2-bedroom, 2-bath
- 2-bedroom, 2-bath with den
- 2-bedroom, 2-bath with den/dining room
In additional to our variety of layouts, a beautiful balcony or patio is available for many of these units.
Benefits of Our Senior Living Apartments
As a resident of our retirement apartments in Upper Arlington, you’ll be able to utilize a wide array of services and amenities.
In addition to your comfort, your safety is priority at our community as well. At The Chelsea you will be provided with a heated and private underground parking garage, offering you security and peace of mind.
And know that not only is your health and wellness important to you, it’s important to us too. The health services we provide our seniors include:
It is our duty to provide anything you need and to make you and your family feel at home at The Chelsea. But in addition to safety, we also want you to have fun and be fulfilled. This is why we offer a generous amount of activities at our senior apartments in Upper Arlington.
Here’s a brief look at what we can provide:
- Fitness classes
- Wellness programs
- Chapel services
- Book clubs
- Cultural and music events
- Movie nights
- Educational seminars
As you can see, there will always be something fun for you to do at First Community Village! To see more of the resident programs that will keep you healthy and happy, check out our activities page.
Living in the Heart of Upper Arlington
Seniors who choose our 55+ apartments in Upper Arlington are able to take advantage of what our wonderful city has to offer, something we greatly encourage!
Thanks to the city development, Upper Arlington is considered one of central Ohio’s most well-kept communities. The suburb, just minutes from our state’s capital of Columbus, is one that prides itself on its family-oriented reputation.
This makes for a great senior apartment living environment and allows for lots to do when relatives stop by!
Break Out the Walking Shoes with the Family
Upper Arlington borders the Ohio State University’s campus, making it great for walkable activities. And in addition to our senior apartment’s ideal location, Upper Arlington is home to many parks and outdoor activities such as:
- Fred Beekman Park - This 43-acre park offers something for everyone. If jogging is your hobby, this park provides a one-mile asphalt path. Bringing along the grandchildren and the rest of the family? The park holds:
- 4 sand volleyball courts
- 2 picnic shelters with charcoal grills
- 2 basketball courts
- 3 ponds
- Hayden Run Falls - Enjoy the beauty of the changing seasons at Hayden Falls Park, located on the west side of the Scioto River. This park includes a unique gorge habitat and an ecosystem that is home to a beautiful 35-foot waterfall.
- Tail Wags Playground - We encourage our four-legged friends to join us at our senor living apartments, however, we understand that they need a place to explore sometimes too. Best yet, this indoor dog park and lounge is only 2 miles from our community.
Indulge in Some Tasty Treats Near Our Senior Apartments in Upper Arlington
Seniors at First Community Village are able to enjoy a variety of yummy delights from shops in the Upper Arlington area. Here are a few of our favorite spots for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- The Original Goodie Shop – This family-owned bakery does not disappoint and customers here are treated like family. From dinner rolls to donuts and everything in between, you’ll be sure to find something for you and the whole family.
- Chocolate Café– From fine chocolates to casual food, this shop has it all. Making this café a stop during outings with fellow residents of First Community Village is a must.
Learn and Experience Culture in the Welcoming City of Upper Arlington
In addition to the many creative and hands-on activities we offer at First Community Village, we encourage broadening perspectives in an engaging learning environment. Luckily, the city of Upper Arlington makes it possible for this to happen.
- Upper Arlington Historic District – A portion of our wonderful city is part of the National Register of Historic Places. Take a trolley tour through the community to discover our history and how we have preserved it.
- Concourse Gallery – With the help of the Cultural Arts Commission, this gallery is located in a public gathering area and open to visitors and residents of Upper Arlington. The gallery acts as a resource for the community and is a creative way to raise awareness for the arts
- Jack Nicklaus Museum – For lovers of golf and history, this museum tells the story of a man who defined greatness in golf and in life.
Welcome to Upper Arlington and Your New Chelsea Apartment
With so much to do in Upper Arlington, we know you’ll love calling First Community Village home. If you have any questions or want to know more about who we are, be sure to reach out to our team today.
We look forward to hearing from you!