Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
Our community is our home. We take pride in its culture and the people who make up the city of Upper Arlington and First Community Village.
Because of this, we believe in supporting businesses that take pride in our city just as much as we do. If you are looking for places to eat near Upper Arlington, we have you covered with this list of some of our favorite local eateries. We hope they become your favorites too!
Cafes, Bistros, and Diners
- South of Lane Café: For those who agree that breakfast is an art form, check out South of Lane. Here you can find your favorite breakfast foods with a twist. And their house-baked coconut bread and their made-to-order eggs make people feel like they’re right at home.
- In addition, look no further than South of Lane for some new vintage finds for your retirement living in Upper Arlington.
- DK Diner: You can’t beat the classics. At DK Diner, the fresh donuts, special recipe pancakes, and other breakfast favorites keep the people of Upper Arlington happy and full.
- The Wine Bistro: With a wide array of well-curated wines, a list of craft beers, and delicious appetizers, The Wine Bistro is a great spot for a cozy Saturday evening out.
- They offer a generous happy hour available every Sunday through Friday 3-6 p.m. and Saturday 11-5 p.m.
- La Chatelaine: A place that stays true to their rootsis this French-inspired bakery and bistro. In addition, the family-owned business owns three locations which are all overseen by a family member.
- From pastries to escargot, this bistro adds a nice continental twist to our home in Upper Arlington.
- Bonifacio: The authentic and modern Filipino cuisine offered here is a true delight. With a passion to share their culture and hospitality, Bonifacio encourages families to expand their tastes and come for a charming night out.
- Their offering of Kamayan, a traditional communal-style feast, is considered one of the most unique dining experiences Upper Arlington can offer. Bring the whole family and join in on the silverware-free and truly hands-on dining experience.
- Paul’s Fifth Avenue: A tradition for over 50 years has been brought back to life in our neighborhood. After closing down briefly in July of 2016, Paul Panzera decided he wasn’t ready to let go.
- One of our favorite places to eat near Upper Arlington is this Italian classic with an American twist. Whether serving an all-American breakfast or traditional Italian lasagna, this place never disappoints.
- Acre Farm-to-Table: Eating healthy and wholesome meals shouldn’t have to come at a high price. This fast-casual joint has proven that meals on-the-go can be food conscious.
- The restaurant features ingredients that are organic, whole grain, free range, and locally sourced, making Acre a great place to indulge with the family and feel good about it too.
- Carsonies Stromboli and Pizza Kitchen: Known for their made-to-order stromboli and pizza, this restaurant is the perfect spot for a Friday night getaway for you and the family.
- Make sure to check them out on Mondays when kids eat free, or during their Wednesday “all-you-can-eat” spaghetti deal.
- Caffé DaVinci: Inspired by a philosophy of simplicity, the owners of Caffé DaVinci believe it is the key to elegant and fresh food. This casual Italian restaurant brings you a sophisticated taste blended with a family atmosphere.
- Indulge in the charm of Italy at this lovely restaurant, which is less than 3 miles away from our community for retirement living in Upper Arlington.
- Park Creek Kitchen: Recognized for their stylish and modern twists to everyone’s favorite American foods, this spot is an Upper Arlington favorite. Even dishes as classic as mac and cheese will give you a fun and new dining experience
- Gallo’s Kitchen and Bar: Break bread here with the Gallo family. They have combined their Italian heritage with a passion for Creole cuisine since 2004.
- One aspect that makes them unique is a menu which changes daily. From fresh fish to local beef and seasonal produce, the Gallos showcase their creativity through their culinary skills.
- The Pointe Tavern: Located minutes from our community for retirement living in Upper Arlington is the best place in town to watch your favorite game or grab a drink with good friends.
- Hudson 29: A place of gathering for good friends is this upscale restaurant brought to you by the chefs at Cameron Mitchell Restaurants.
- Named after the Hudson River Valley, home of the Culinary Institute of America and Highway 29 which runs through Napa Valley, this locale is a celebration of great flavors from coast to cast.
- Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse: Only 10 minutes from downtown is one of the finest places to eat in Upper Arlington. Live jazz, prime steaks, and premium wine makes this one of the best places in town for a nice evening out.
- Nicola: To offer guests the chance to feel and experience the true taste of Italian cuisine is what Nicola Restaurant + Bar is all about.
- Chef Nicola traveled from Siena, Italy to the United States, bringing his talent and creativity with him. He combines the taste of Siena and Tuscany to create colorful and cultural dishes for the community of Upper Arlington.
- The Refectory: The elegant and serene atmosphere at The Refectory makes for a perfect environment to celebrate a special occasion with your loved ones. Culinary creations by Chef Richard Blondin combine contemporary American classics with a blend of French cuisine to make for a tasteful duo.
- The Refectory also offers more than dinner. Their Dinner Music Series brings in an average of six jazz events per month, presenting lovely music alongside a four-course menu which changes per event.
- Chocolate Café: A proud member of Upper Arlington since 2007, this business has been serving its community with a combination of made-to-order dishes and sweet delights for all chocolate lovers. Offering breakfast foods to ice cream, along with dessert drinks, The Chocolate Café is a fun adventure for all members of the family.
- The Original Goodie Shop: This family-owned bakery brings heart and charm and stands as a community favorite for places to eat in Upper Arlington. Get your custom cakes and custom cookies here.
Make Memories with Us at First Community Village
We hope you venture out and enjoy the many places to eat in Upper Arlington. In no time at all, you’ll find the city offers the charm and sense of community you’ve been looking for.
To find out about more activities in Upper Arlington, and to hear more about our senior living community at First Community Village, reach out to our team