Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
You want to get in shape? Check. Take up a new hobby? Check. Be more mindful? Check. There’s no better time to begin healthy habits than the start of a new year.
2018 can be your year to cross these resolutions off your list and Water’s Edge of Lake Wales is here to motivate you. If you’re asking yourself how you can be one of the many out there who reach their goal this year, follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to achieving your New Year’s resolutions.
1. Enjoy a New Hobby
It’s never too late to pick up that hobby you never had time to do before. Make 2018 the year of learning something new. Here at Water’s Edge of Lake Wales, we offer a wide variety of fun and unique activities that can help you cultivate your creative side.
- Artistic Expression Studio – Flex your artistic muscles with our innovative art studio. Whether you enjoy painting, coloring, drawing, or crafting, our studio has something for you.
- Billiard Room – You won’t have to go far to take up this hobby! Our billiard room is fully equipped to help you take up the game with ease. Grab a few friends and make it a weekly ritual you can do together.
- Library – You can be transported to another world through our wide selection of literature options. There’s no better feeling than getting lost in a good book in our Hearth Room by the fireplace. Enjoy our private library filled with modern favorites and old classics. Don’t forget to join our book club!
2. Make Health a Priority
Making time each day to focus on being the healthiest version of yourself will make 2018 the best year yet. This can mean taking an extra 15 minutes to walk somewhere, starting your day off with a good stretch, or getting to bed an hour earlier. When your mind and body are healthy, everything else follows.
- State of the art fitness room – Our facilities were designed with your exercise needs in mind. Gather some friends and enjoy a variety of fitness classes here.
- Personal programs – No two of our residents are the same. We acknowledge this and celebrate that our residents all experience life in a different way. We offer personal programs led by wellness professionals for the betterment of your well-being, and ones which cater to your individual needs.
- Educational programs – The first step in achieving a healthy lifestyle is knowing what to do and how to get there. Our educational programs focused on wellness and disease prevention can kick-start your improved lifestyle.
While it’s our priority to offer our residents programs and options to better their health, we want them to be accessible too. Transportation is provided to assist getting to important appointments and classes.
3. Feed Your Mind and Body
To supplement your health efforts, it’s important to have healthy dining options that you enjoy. When you eat well, you feel and look even better.
- Nutrition counseling – We offer nutrition counseling for those who seek to better their eating habits. It’s hard to keep up with the latest health trends and knowing what’s good or bad for your body. Our nutrition experts will guide you to help you navigate the best dining options for your specific health needs.
- Strategic Dining Services – Our executive chef heads our Strategic Dining Services to create restaurant-style meals prepared to best serve your daily health. Enjoy a fresh and home-cooked meal at any time of the day.
- Fresh garden – Nothing feels more like home than the accessibility of your favorite fresh vegetables and herbs. Take a walk to our raised herb and vegetable gardens and enjoy a healthy, home-grown option.
- Beauty spa – Treat yourself to a day at our beauty spa. Sometimes a little pampering and self-care is good for your mental health. Enjoy a few hours here and rejuvenate.
4. Engage in Your Community
Making sure you’re an active part of the community here at Water’s Edge of Lake Wales is important to us so that you can have the best experience possible. The center of our social community is the Terry House, where residents make memories with friends and family over dining, entertainment, or relaxation time.
The Terry House has an abundance of lifestyle amenities and activities, which include:
- Educational programs
- Social and cultural programs
- Book clubs
- Creative arts
- Cultural trips
- Bridge tournaments
- Ice cream socials
- Cooking demos
You’ll be able to stay active and involved in our community through our various social opportunities, and you might learn something interesting or make a new friend along the way.
5. Balance Is Key
New Year’s resolutions can be overwhelming at times. It’s important to start the new year off with some of the goals suggested above, however it’s key to take it day by day.
Don’t be too hard on yourself if not every day is a day dedicated to health and wellness. According to the American Psychological Association, it’s essential to accept help from those around you and to find a balance in reaching your goals.
How Resolutions Came to Be
January is named after the mythical god of early Rome, Janus. Janus had two faces – one looking forward and one looking backward.
In light of this symbolism for reflecting upon lessons learned in the past and looking forward to the future, the Romans began a tradition of making resolutions for the new year and letting go of troubles from the year past. Hence, the New Year’s resolution tradition was born.
A New Year with Water’s Edge of Lake Wales
We hope 2018 brings another year of exciting and joyful memories to your life. If you want to learn more about how Water’s Edge of Lake Wales can supplement your life, feel free to reach out to our team. We look forward to hearing from you and have a happy New Year!