Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today.
It’s no secret that Florida in the summertime is a place that can’t be beat. A summer in Florida calls for enjoying the sun, the sand, and the shore, and we hope you’ll indulge in all of them while at Water’s Edge of Bradenton.
Our community for senior living near Terra Ceia is in a prime location for you and your family to enjoy all of the wonderful things the city has to offer. We want you to get the most out of your retirement, so be sure to check out this full list of great things to do in Terra Ceia.
Enjoy Your Summer with These Top Things to Do in Terra Ceia
- Terra Ceia Preserve State Park: Covering an astounding 2,000 acres, this preserve offers mangrove forests, uplands communities, and freshwater and saltwater wetlands.
- If you love kayaking, this is the place for you, since kayaking is one of the more popular activities offered.
- Robinson Preserve: Home to hundreds of fish, jumping mullet, and a variety of marine life, this coastal preserve spans over 600 acres so there’s plenty to explore. The preserve promotes the importance of exploration and education by means of kayaking or canoeing.
- Highlights include:
- Hiking paths
- Kayaking and canoeing waterways
- Picnic spots
- Mangrove forests
Be sure to finish off your day at the 53-foot-tall tower that has a spectacular view of the Tampa Bay area near our senior living community.
- Highlights include:
- Coastline Excursions: All aboard for an interactive experience that brings you face-to-face with local marine life. This snorkeling adventure allows you to appreciate Florida from the sea to the sunsets. Get your tickets, because you don’t want to miss out on one of the best things to do in Terra Ceia, Florida.
- Five O’clock Charlie Boat Tours: Spend your day along the beautiful coastline of Manatee County Florida with a boat and fishing tour. Here, Captain John’s priority is to customize your trip for the tour you want.
- 2-hour tours
- Private tours for two
- Sunset cruises
- 2-hour inshore fishing charter
- Snorkeling tours
- Coastal Paddle Boarding: If you’re looking for a peaceful hour or two on the water then this is the place for you. The owners, Dan and Rochelle, are fellow water lovers with experience in snorkeling, paddle boarding, and windsurfing.
- Dan and Rochelle make it a priority to give you the time of your life on the water. They will safely take you on a journey along the mangrove shorelines so you can experience wildlife from the shore to below the sea.
- CPonies: A ride of a lifetime is offered here with horseback tours on the beach. No horseback riding experience is needed and they accommodate each individual rider to their comfort and needs. Join their equestrian adventure on their majestic Drum and Gypsy Vanner horses.
- Village of the Arts: This unique and energetic live-work art community showcases over 30 different businesses and their artwork. Their artwalk is made up of specialty shops, studios, bakeries, art galleries, and renowned restaurants.
- Get the whole family together for a memorable summer night. Join the community on the first Friday night and Saturday afternoon of every month for good food, happy music and local artwork.
- The first artwalk of the season begins Friday July 7th at 6:00 p.m.
Appreciate a Unique Dining Experience Near Terra Ceia This Summer
Everything is better during the summertime, especially the food. When you venture out from our senior living community we want you to be able to indulge in some great cuisine. So if you’re looking for things to do in Terra Ceia this summer, you have to check out some of our favorite local restaurants.
- Robins Downtown Café: Their rotating menu keeps locals coming back for a modern twist on traditional brunch. From their homemade quiche to their charming environment, this diner will become a quick favorite.
- Follow them on Instagram @robinsdowntowncafe
- 3 Keys Brewing & Eatery: There’s nothing better than live music matched with handcrafted beers in the summertime. This family-friendly brewery combines their love of craft beer with your favorite classic bar food.
- Check them out on Instagram @3keysbrewing
- Sage Biscuit Café: We love this refreshing family-owned café that is committed to combining homemade vegetarian dishes with traditional favorites. From their vegan tofu scramble to their sage biscuits and gravy, their extensive menu offers something for everyone.
- Check out their yummy delights on Instagram @sagebiscuitcafe
- Full Belly Stuffed Burgers: This family-run business specializes in gourmet hamburgers that keep your belly, taste buds, and wallet happy. Their extensive menu includes a variety of burgers stuffed with anything you would like.
- Check them out @fullbellystuffedburgers
- EnRich Bistro: Summertime is full of celebrations and EnRich wants to be a part of them. Their mission is to integrate global cuisine with local ingredients. From “shrimp ‘n’ grits” to vegan delights, the whole family will love satisfying their cravings here.
- Keep up with their delectable menu @enrichbistro
- Retrobaked Bakery: This gluten-free bakery is unique and eclectic, making it a local favorite. Their location in the Village of the Arts will give you a whimsical feeling, perfect for enjoying their sweet treasures during artwalks in the summertime. And you have to try one of their cookie sammies!
- Become one of over 2,000 followers on their Instagram @retrobaked
Explore the Many Things to Do Near Terra Ceia, Florida
Our pedestrian-friendly city makes for a fun and exciting summer. Between the water, the beaches, and the activities at our senior living near Terra Ceia, our residents never get bored.