Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today. Call us at 877-417-4285 or fill out the form below.
Entering a senior living community like Water’s Edge of Bradenton brings with it the opportunity to enjoy hundreds of great activities with like-minded seniors in a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.
Many seniors living in a community like Water’s Edge of Bradenton are able to appreciate everything independent living can offer, but some may require additional daily assistance to be able to get the most out of their golden years.
This is why our assisted living services near Sarasota are ideal for retirees looking for safety, luxury and peace of mind.
Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Independent Living Options Today
Learn More About Our Independent Living Options Today
What to Expect From Assisted Living
Assisted living near Sarasota, FL, at Water’s Edge of Bradenton, allows for residents to work closely with care professionals to determine a health plan that best fits their desires along with their physical needs.
Our services for assisted living near Sarasota, FL give residents access to:
- 24-hour as-needed nursing care
- 24-hour security
- Daily life enrichment programs
- Three delicious chef-prepared meals per day and snacks
- Transportation to appointments and outings
- Assistance with medication, eating, dressing and hygiene
- Health and wellness programs
- Onsite maintenance personnel available for repairs
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen services
- Daily bed-making and trash removal
- Emergency pull stations and pendants in each room
- All utilities, including telephone, cable and WiFi
And best yet, coming to a Sarasota-area assisted living community like Water’s Edge gives residents and care practitioners a chance to connect and get to know one another.
Here, you’ll never just be a patient on a form – you’ll be a member of a friendly and vibrant community.
An Active, Engaged Life
Being a part of our assisted living near Sarasota, FL doesn’t just mean working with care professionals to maintain a high quality of life. Since every senior’s needs and abilities are different, many assisted living residents still enjoy plenty of enriching activities both on their community’s grounds and in the surrounding area.
Water’s Edge of Bradenton, for instance, provides its seniors with a 19,000-square-foot Town Center, housing a full assortment of worthwhile amenities, including:
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- Movie theatre
- Modern fitness center
- Club and game room
- Discovery corridor with computing center
- Barber shop and beauty salon
- Café and library
Additionally, a number of fitness programs, resident groups and clubs are also available for our seniors’ enjoyment.
At Water's Edge of Bradenton, we're always looking to improve our residents' Sarasota assisted living, which is why we've recently expanded and refined our assisted living offerings.
Seniors coming to Water's Edge for Sarasota-area assisted living will be able to reap the benefits of an expanded facility, with 60 assisted living and 20 memory care apartments now available. Some other expansions include the following:
- 4 indoor sitting lounges
- 2 partially covered exterior sitting lounges
- 1 quiet lounge
- 3 multipurpose rooms for resident activities
- Living room with library and electric fireplace
- Monumental windows in the pub and dining area overlooking the water to the south
- Nurse stations spread throughout the facility
As you can see, along with everything we currently offer, coming to Water’s Edge of Bradenton for assisted living near Sarasota will provide you with a wealth of benefits to make your golden years shine.
Assisted Living Activities Near Sarasota
Choosing Water’s Edge of Bradenton for your assisted living puts you within 20 minutes of the historical and cultural hub of Sarasota, Florida.
There is so much that the city provides for people of all ages, but some highlights include:
- The Ringling – The State Art Museum of Florida, this venue is named for John Ringling of the famed circus family due to his involvement in Sarasota’s city development. Housing an impressive collection of both historic and contemporary art, this site is one you’re sure to visit again and again.
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens – This beautiful location boasts a conservatory, butterfly garden, banyan grove and bamboo garden, among many other delightful spots. Perfect for the nature love in all of us!
- Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium – An independent marine research institution, this site lets visitors see the wonders beneath the sea ranging from sharks to sea turtles to manatees to coral fish species. Special events run throughout the year as well.
- Marietta Museum of Art & Whimsy – This charming museum holds an impressive collection of whimsical pieces from all over the world by many talented artists. If you like things a little bit surreal, this is the place for you.
- Sarasota Classic Car Museum – The second-oldest continuously operating antique car museum in the nation, this venue holds more than 75 automobiles, ranging from Edsels to Cadillacs to DeLoreans to cars owned by the likes of Paul McCartney and John Lennon!
- Sarasota Farmers Market – With locally grown fruits and vegetables available, along with vendor booths specializing in seafood, barbecue, steak, ice cream and kettle corn, this is a spot any foodie will love.
- Sarasota Orchestra – Presenting events with classical, Broadway and contemporary focuses among others, the Sarasota Orchestra is the perfect place to take in a little culture.
- Ca’ d’Zan Mansion – Once home to circus magnate John Ringling and his wife, this gorgeous Venetian Gothic mansion was built in 1924 for $1.5 million, is five stories tall and features lush, ornamental interior designs and original pieces owned by the Ringling family. A great piece of local history.
Of course, these are just some of the terrific activities available to seniors looking to enjoy Sarasota assisted living.
Keep following Water’s Edge of Bradenton’s blog to get more insights about Sarasota and the surrounding area, and if you’re ready to take a look at our community, be sure to contact us.
We’d love to have you for a tour!