Live the Lifestyle You DeserveLearn More About Our Living Options Today. Call us at 877-417-4285 or fill out the form below.
Retirement is a time to relax and enjoy yourself. When looking for a place to indulge during your golden years, look no further than our active senior housing near Palmetto, Florida.
Since 1961, National Church Residences has been committed to providing high-quality and family-oriented retirement communities for seniors. Our not-for-profit organization oversees and manages over 340 communities which facilitate seniors’ housing, social, and health needs.
Our senior apartments near Palmetto, Florida are the perfect place for you or your loved ones to start a new chapter of life. Come home to us at Water’s Edge of Bradenton.
Join Our Active Lifestyle Near Palmetto, Florida
We encourage a life filled with more adventure and less stress. We want our senior living near Palmetto to be your first choice for comfortability and happiness.
We take care of the day-to-day concerns such as home maintenance and housekeeping, so that you can focus on wellness. We offer amenities for your enjoyment which are designed for your convenience and are only steps away in our modern Town Center.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Library and coffee bar
- Movie theatre
- Club and game room
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Up-to-date fitness center
In addition, personal wellness assessments are offered by qualified professionals whose main priority is your care. They are here to help you re-charge and continue a healthy lifestyle.
Join Us for an Unforgettable Dining Experience
Our promotion of a heathy lifestyle also includes an unforgettable dining experience at our luxurious senior living community. Gather with your good friends and neighbors to indulge in tasty choices from the chef’s menu of the day.
Fresh ingredients and local produce make for delectable entrees to share around the table.
Venture Out and See What Palmetto, Florida Has to Offer
Living in our retirement community near Palmetto, Florida means having unlimited access to the weather and activities Florida is famous for. Our location is surrounded by exciting attractions and events that will truly make your golden years shine.
The Great Outdoors in Palmetto, Florida
Nature lovers can experience and explore these wonderful areas near our senior apartments:
- Emerson Point Preserve: Located at the mouth of the Manatee River, this preserve lets you engage with history and explore lovely, shaded trails. The 365-acre preserve offers access to Florida’s wildlife, natural plant communities, and several historical sites.
- Opportunities to hike, kayak, and enjoy a nice outdoor meal at the picnic areas are available as well.
- Coral Reef Park: Palmetto’s premier public park offers something for everyone in the family. The well-kept park with over 50 acres is home to natural pineland preserves, beautiful wildlife, and even a meditation garden. If honing your tennis skills is a summer goal, they even offer that too.
- Mixon Fruit Farms: Right outside of our community for senior housing near Palmetto, is a great destination for family outings. Ride the Orange Blossom Express Tram through the farm for an educational and fun time.
- The owners, Dean and Janet Mixon, share a portion of their profits with the Florida Wildlife Care & Education Center. The Wildlife Refuge allows animals and birds to come and go as they are rehabilitated, before releasing them back into their natural habitats.
- Riverside Tours: Cruise the scenic and cultural Manatee River near Palmetto, perfect for celebrating a special occasion with loved ones. Day cruises are great for the whole family and their sunset cruises make for a lovely night out for two.
- Riverwalk: Overlooking the Manatee River is the 1.5-mile long outdoor gathering place which will keep the whole family entertained for hours.
Some of its attractions include:
- Beach volleyball
- Outdoor living rooms
- Day dock
- Pavilion and event area
- Family fun zone
- Splash pad
- Regatta plaza
- Fishing pier
- Skate park
- Flex lawn
- Mosaic Amphitheater
- Palma Sola Botanical Park: A fun and refreshing place to bring the family or your favorite four-legged friend, this non-profit foundation is open to the public for free. The mission of the park is to:
- Encourage environmental education
- Preserve our natural resources
- Provide a hands-on learning environment
- A screen pavilion
- Two gazebos
- Lush tranquil gardens
- Three lakes and bridges
Experience Our History in Palmetto
History buffs will be glad to hear that there’s always something new to learn and explore in our city and the surrounding area. Our retirement community near Palmetto offers a variety of historical sites and museums that you won’t want to miss.
Our favorites include:
- Manatee Country Agricultural Museum: This site’s mission is to preserve, share, and educate the community near Palmetto about its agricultural heritage. In addition, they support efforts for local awareness.
- Their core exhibit explores the main commodities that the county specializes in such as produce, horticulture, and livestock.
- South Florida Museum: This renowned museum is the largest natural and cultural history museum on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Visitors can enjoy lunch and learns in addition to the exhibits at the planetarium and aquarium.
- The Planetarium: This portion of the museum helps guests to experience Florida, the world, and our universe in a whole new way.
- The Parker Manatee Aquarium: Home to the oldest known manatee in the world, Snooty, this aquarium features exhibits designed to help educate the public about manatee anatomy, nutrition, and conservation.
- Palmetto Historic District: Since it’s important to understand where we came from, we encourage residents of our senior apartments near Palmetto to take a trip through this historic district and enjoy all the sights.
- McKechnie Field: Close to our senior housing near Palmetto lies this charming ballpark. Used by the Pittsburgh Pirates for spring training and home to the Bradenton Marauders minor league team, this is one park sports fans won’t want to pass up.
As you begin this new chapter of your life, we hope it’s full of exciting adventure. If you want to find other attractions near our senior apartments, and discover all Bradenton can provide, check out our blog.
In the meantime, if you would like to hear more about us be sure to reach out to our team. We hope to see you soon!